Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU)
TTA is offering a B. Sc. in Fashion, Interior Design and Animation. It is a 3 yr Degree Course. This Course is affiliated by YCMOU-
Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
. Association of Indian Universities, Commonwealth of Learning, Canada, Asian Association of Open Universities and Asian Association of Open Universities are the association of YCMOU, who have recognised YCMOU.
The YCMOU has been established by an Act (XX of 1989) of the Maharashtra State Legislature on 1 July 1989 and has been recognized under section 12(B) of the UGC Act 1956. The UGC has recognized the degrees and diplomas awarded by state open universities like YCMOU to be on par with degrees and diplomas awarded by any other traditional university in the similar subject areas.
The Government of Maharashtra has also mentioned the qualifications earned at the YCMOU to be acceptable under the recruitment and promotion rules. The qualifications awarded by the YCMOU are recognized to be on par with the qualification of the similar level (UG degree, PG degree, diploma, etc.) of similar subject areas after due consideration of the entry qualification, duration of the program and course contents by other traditional universities.
The YCMOU (YCMOU) through its technical, vocational, professional and liberal education programmes, application of modern communication technologies and adoption of the distance education methodology strives towards developing an innovative, flexible and open system of education with the ultimate goal of becoming a ‘mass varsity’.
YCMOU’s mission has been to respond to the developmental needs of the society by offering need-based vocational courses to larger and larger segment of population, and in particular to the disadvantaged groups such as those living in remote and rural areas including working people, housewives and other adults who wish to upgrade or acquire knowledge through studies in various fields.
Objectives of YCMOU:
- To make higher, vocational and technical education available to large sections of the population.
- To pay special attention to the needs of the disadvantaged groups, in particular, people in rural areas and women.
- To relate all courses to the developmental needs of individuals, institutions and the State.
- To provide an innovative, flexible and open system of education by using distance teaching methodology and by applying modern communication technologies to education.
- To provide continuing adult and extension education. Special attention to be paid to retraining adults in new skills to enable them to adjust to a changing technological environment.
- To provide post-graduate studies and research opportunities in all fields of knowledge, especially in educational technology, distance education and development communication.
TTA provides B.sc In Fashion Designing Course and Interior Design Course Under YCMOU.